Roadmap for easing measures
The Ministry of Health has prepared a plan for the gradual return to normal life. It will only be put into practice on the condition that the situation continues to develop well. In the overview, you will find out which shops, services or school activities will gradually be renewed, if the situation is favourable.
20 April 2020
- Universities (scientific-academic institutions) – individual activities as a part of the university curriculum for students in the last year of study, always with a maximum of 5 students in the group.
Individual consultations; individual examinations, in particular state final or state rigorous examinations to duly conclude studies; individual attendance during laboratory, experimental, artistic or practical activities or experiences or clinical and practical learning, which are essential in order to complete bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degrees, or to complete bachelor’s, diploma or dissertation theses; individual visits to libraries and study halls for all years in order to collect or hand in study literature (textbooks).
- Trades with an outlet
- Farmers’ markets and marketplaces, other markets and marketplaces
- Used car bazaars and car dealerships
- Outdoor training activities for professional athletes, excluding the public, in smaller groups under precisely defined conditions (athletes with a professional contract, top athletes of the Ministry of Defense – Czech Army, Czech MOL and the University Sports Centre of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports)
- Weddings with up to 10 participants under specific hygienic conditions (the fiancees, two witnesses, a person acting on behalf of the public authority or person acting on behalf of the church organisation authority, the registrar and at most four other persons may attend the ceremony)
24 April 2020
- It is possible to stay in publicly accessible places in groups of at most ten persons, except for household members, the performance of an occupation, business or similar activities and attendance at funerals, and it is necessary to maintain a distance of at least 2 meters from other persons.
- Training of athletes for whom the sport is a gainful activity in smaller groups while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Church services with no more than 15 participants while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Participation in association activities while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Sports at outdoor sports grounds, in parks, in nature or other publicly accessible areas in a smaller group, while fulfilling the defined conditions
27 April 2020
- Outlets with a floor space of up to 2500 m2 (including tourist information centres), if they are not located in shopping malls with over 5000 m2 (does not apply to outlets which will be opened in later phases), while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Driving schools and driver training centers, while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Gyms and fitness centers while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Libraries while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Zoos, botanical and dendrological gardens (outdoor areas) while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Crossing the state border, while fulfilling the defined conditions
- Universities (scientific-academic institutions) – the following activities are permitted while fulfilling the defined conditions:
- personal presence at clinical and practical lessons and practice,
- individual visits to libraries and study halls for the purpose of collecting or returning study literature,
- personal presence of students at consultations or examinations in the presence of at most 5 persons,
- performance of laboratory, experimental or artistic work, in particular for the purpose of performing the final theses within bachelor’s, master’s or doctorate degrees in the presence of at most 5 persons.
Permission does not apply to:
- outlets which are located in shopping centres with an area of over 5 000 m2 if they do not have a separate entrance from the outside,
- outlets where the service provider comes into contact with the customer’s body surface, barber shops, hairdressers, pedicure and manicure salons, tanning salons, cosmetic salons, massage studios, rehabilitation or reconditioning services, operation of trades in which the integrity of the skin is breached,
- cafes, deli shops, wine shops, beer shops, with the exception of sales without consumption at the store and sales with consumption via a sales window,
- restaurants, pubs, buffets with the exception of sales via a sales window,
- school canteens with the exception of sales via a sales window outside the outlet,
- employee dining facilities with the serving of food to the public,
The sales area may be reduced to the required size by demarcation (e.g. demarcation using security tape will suffice).
11 May 2020
- All outlets at shopping centres with a floor area of over 5000 m2 (except for catering facilities) whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Outlets with a floor area of over 2500 m2 (where operation was not prohibited) whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Catering facilities with retail through a sales window and at outdoor (summer) gardens whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Barbers and hairdressers whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Manicure and pedicure salons, massage parlours, cosmetic services and podiatric services whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Museums, galleries and similar facilities whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Theatre, music, film and other artistic performances, sports, cultural, religious, association, dance, traditional and other similar events and gatherings, exhibitions, festivals, funfairs, shows, circuses, tastings, markets and fairs, educational events, celebrations and other large events at outdoor and indoor premises, both public and private, attended by at most 100 persons at any one time whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Organised training of professional and amateur athletes at outdoor and indoor sports grounds with at most 100 participants at any one time whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Weddings with at most 100 participants whilst fulfilling the defined conditions;
- Church services with at most 100 participants whilst fulfilling the defined conditions
- Optional preparation of pupils and students of secondary schools, conservatories and vocational colleges at schools for school-leaving, final and graduation examinations – pupils or students may be in groups of at most 15;
- optional preparation of 9th grade primary school pupils for acceptance examinations to secondary school, while attendance is not mandatory for these pupils and these pupils may be in groups of at most 15;
- personal attendance of pupils/students at lessons at schools attached to healthcare services providers;
- leisure centres whilst fulfilling the condition of at most 15 participants per group;
- personal attendance of students at studies at university with at most 15 students per group – this restriction does not apply to clinical and practical training and experience;
- personal attendance of pupils at lessons at primarily art schools and language schools with the right to conduct state language examinations, with at most 15 pupils per group;
- full-time lessons at schools attached to children’s homes with a school, correctional and diagnostic institutes;
- personal attendance of persons at one-year foreign language courses with daily lessons, with at most 15 participants per group.
Detailed information from the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports for individual types of educational facilities (only in the Czech language)
The following rules were stipulated for the sale of clothing and footwear compared to the previous phase of easing:
- clothing and footwear may only be tried on after the customer has disinfected their hands,
- when returning clothing as a part of claims, etc., the clothing will be kept separately from the other goods for 24 hours, and only then may be offered again to customers.
TO BE PERMITTED
If the epidemiological situation does not worsen
The following plan of easing will be updated depending on the epidemiological situation.
25 May 2020
- it is permitted to move about without respiratory protective equipment with the exception of:
a) all building interiors except your home,
b) means of public transit,
c) all other places where there are at least two people within a distance of less than 2 metres, unless these are exclusively members of the same household
- catering facilities (indoor areas),
- hotels, outdoor campsites, and other accommodation services (including their restaurants and cafes),
- taxi services (not yet permitted),
- operation of trades where skin integrity is breached (tattooing, piercing),
- convalescence events etc. for children under 15 years of age,
- other, including measures related to tourism,
- zoos, botanical and dendrological gardens (including indoor areas),
- castles and chateaux (indoor areas),
- personal attendance by pupils at 1st level elementary schools and their organised and extracurricular optional activities in the form of school groups – 15 children per group recommended (1 child per desk), while the composition of such groups may not be changed, face masks recommended (the teacher will decide whether they will be worn or not), face masks mandatory in all common areas of the school.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR PERMISSION
If the epidemiological situation does not worsen
At earliest from 1 June 2020
- The option of conducting school-leaving and final and discharge examinations at conservatories and vocational colleges.
In all cases while observing precisely defined conditions.
Other activities will be permitted in the course of June based on the current epidemiological situation.