Questions and answers – vaccination for self-payers
I am not insured with a Czech public health insurance company. Can I get vaccinated?
Yes, this option is available to certain groups from 11 June. In this case, the person pays for the vaccination themselves.
Who can get vaccinated in this manner?
A person not insured within the public health insurance system of the Czech Republic or other European Union member state can be vaccinated in this manner if they:
- are a citizen of the Czech Republic, or
- a foreigner (from the EU or a third country) who has long term residence in the Czech Republic for more than 90 days pursuant to the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals, and who meets one of the following conditions:
- has a valid long-term or permanent residency permit in the Czech Republic,
- holds a valid long-term visa,
- is an EU citizen with confirmation of temporary residency or a permanent residency permit in the Czech Republic,
- is a family member of an EU citizen with confirmation of temporary residency or a permanent residency permit in the Czech Republic.
Where can I get vaccinated?
There will be at least one vaccination center in each region where this vaccination, i.e. vaccination for self-payers, will be available. The list of designated vaccination centers is available at registrace.mzcr.cz/samoplatci/ocm.
Can I choose the vaccine which will be applied?
Comirnaty vaccine manufactured by Pfizer/BioNTech will be applied at these vaccination centers.
How much will the vaccination cost?
The maximum price per one dose will not exceed CZK 810.
How do I register for the vaccination?
To register, use the link registrace.mzcr.cz/samoplatci.
What should I bring to my vaccination appointment?
You will need to bring an identification document (passport or EU identity card).
If you are not a citizen of the Czech Republic, you also need to bring a document to verify your residency status in the Czech Republic.
You can pay for your vaccination by cash or by card. However, some vaccination centers accept only payment cards on the spot.
Where do I get a certificate of completed vaccination?
You can collect the certificate immediately after vaccination at the portal – https://ocko.uzis.cz.