Questions and answers – vaccination for self-payers
I am not insured with a Czech public health insurance company. Can I get vaccinated?
Yes, this option is available to certain groups from 11 June. In this case, the person pays for the vaccination themselves. It is a cost of administering doses, vaccines are already covered by the Czech Republic.
Who can get vaccinated in this manner?
A person not insured within the public health insurance system of the Czech Republic or other European Union member state can be vaccinated in this manner if they:
- are a citizen of the Czech Republic, or
- is an EU citizen with confirmation of temporary residency or a permanent residency permit in the Czech Republic,
- is a family member of the Czech republic citizen with confirmation of temporary residency or a permanent residency permit in the Czech Republic,
- a foreigner (from the EU or a third country) who has long term residence in the Czech Republic for more than 90 days pursuant to the Act on the Residence of Foreign Nationals, and who meets one of the following conditions:
- has a valid long-term or permanent residency permit in the Czech Republic,
- holds a valid long-term visa,
- a foreigner who is an asylum seeker or a beneficiary of subsidiary protection under the law on asylum
- a foreigner who is an applicant for international protection in the Czech Republic or a foreigner tolerated in the territory under the Asylum Act
- accredited member of the diplomatic mission in the Czech Republic, including private service person
- an official of an international organization registered with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Czech Republic.
Where can I get vaccinated?
From 15 November, it is possible to get vaccinated at any vaccination centre. Their list can be founde here: ockoreport.uzis.cz. You can also contact general practitioner.
Can I choose the vaccine which will be applied?
From 15 November, you can choose any of the vaccines available in the Czech Republic.
How much will the vaccination cost?
From 15 November, the maximum price per one dose will not exceed 400 CZK .
How do I register for the vaccination?
From 15 November, it is also possible to get vaccinated without registration, especially by general practitioners who carry out vaccinations.
What should I bring to my vaccination appointment?
You will need to bring an identification document (passport or EU identity card).
If you are not a citizen of the Czech Republic, you also need to bring a document to verify your residency status in the Czech Republic.
You can pay for your vaccination by cash or by card. However, some vaccination centers accept only payment cards on the spot.
Where do I get a certificate of completed vaccination?
You can collect the certificate immediately after vaccination at the portal – ocko.uzis.cz.